What is HTML5?
New revision of the HyperText Markup Language [HTML] standard. It means things get implemented properly because all browsers are forced to follow the standard.
Don’t most browsers support HTML5 already?
No. It can be unchanged parts of the specification can be read by all browsers; changed parts will be interpreted incorrectly by non-HTML5 browsers; new parts will not be interpreted at all by non-HTML5 browsers.
So how will it kill flash?
What’s good about HTML5?
1. It is open.
3. Doesn’t need additional third party plugins.
4. Compatible with all systems and platforms.
5. Theoretically WebGL is as fast as any machine-code compiled game.
How the hell can HTML play a video without flash?
Where can I see a demo of HTML5?
Youtube and vimeo have it as an option.
You can also find a lot of demos on canvasdemos.com.
What browsers support HTML5?
It can be unchanged parts of the specification can be read by all browsers; changed parts will be interpreted incorrectly by non-HTML5 browsers; new parts will not be interpreted at all by non-HTML5 browsers.
So.. Any browser that is new and not sh!tty. [Firefox, Chrome.. etc]
But YouTube says that HTML5 Videos are not supported by firefox?
That’s right. HTML5 is still in not finished yet; It is still in progress. So, Youtube videos will not work on firefox as long there is no standard video codec that everyone supports.
Mozilla firefox supports HTML5 video with the ogg theora codec only; While the the codec being used in the tag on YouTube is H264.
What do you think about Youtube’s HTML5 Videos?
Well, I’ve tried it on Google Chrome.
1. Nothing gets cached; If you want to watch 1:30 when you’re at 2:00, the video will have to load all over from 1:30 again.
2. No full screen mode.
3. I couldn’t turn down the volume because the volume control keeps disappearing when I try to move my mouse over it.
4. The “loaded” video meter doesn’t show how far the video was downloaded, it’s all red as soon as you start the video.
Those were my 2 cents tonight,